GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for an Implementation Engineering Manager for our Professional Services team to hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of engineers. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technologies, and how to create valued experiences for our customers as they build on the GitHub platform. We need a leader skilled at developing and managing a team of high performing engineering consultants. This person will lead a global team, work closely with our customers, and report to the Manager of Delivery in Professional Services.
- Manage, mentor, and coach team members
- Provide career development planning and guidance
- Meet 1:1 with team members weekly
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Maintain cross-team communication between Services, Support, Engineering, and Sales
- Work with the Delivery Manager on the development and execution of team strategy
- Consistently share objectives and goals with team and rally the team to accomplish them
- Work with Professional Services managers/teams to foster cross team collaboration
- Facilitate the implementation of new processes to improve customer engagements
- Promote and build upon the unique collaborative culture of Professional Services
- Collect and analyze engagement and utilization metrics to drive improvements
- Be cognizant of the sustainability of the role for the members of your team
- Handle and follow-up on customer escalations
- You are an adept technical teacher who is able to make complex topics seem approachable
- You are passionate about creating and fostering good professional services practices
- You love helping others improve and you enjoy coaching and mentoring engineers
- You have experience in a Professional Services or consulting role
- You are proud of something you have built on a team you led
- You possess strong verbal and written communication
- Experience in technical training
- Excellent problem solving skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.