GitHub is enabling the world to collaborate on software and increase access to technology to advance human progress. We're looking for an experienced General Manager to expand our India market and win the hearts and minds of students, the developer community and global enterprise customers. This leader will have the opportunity to create a vision for market expansion, building community and adoption within the software developer industry, understanding the partner and SI landscape and develop deep partnerships with enterprise customers to support their business goals.
Candidates for this role should have a proven record of success in previous positions, have relevant experience in international business, and ideally have worked with a global enterprise. That experience should include demonstrated success in technology companies, but not necessarily in software development roles. There's no one background that is an ideal fit, so candidates are encouraged to apply from a variety of different industries, and job experiences.
Candidates for this role will be 'hands-on' with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Relationship building with both direct and indirect reports is a key part of success in this role, and candidates should be able to inspire teams to drive for results and think creatively about solving problems. Candidates should also have impeccable character with high standards and demands in terms of ethics and goal setting.
Key areas of focus:
- Engage the developer and student communities in India to understand needs, provide opportunities to learn and collaborate and expand access to GitHub
- Build a Developer Relations team and ongoing rhythm for community engagement, including events, sharing, and networking
- Drive community connections and collaboration outcomes in terms of co-development projects, learning
- Build relationships with Maintainers, thought leaders and influentials to help guide and build community
- Build, lead, and help manage a strategic sales organization focused on growing revenue and market share.
- Work with channel partners, including distributors, system integrators, resellers, and services partners to drive for market share.
- Strategically impact sales by assessing business opportunities within the enterprise software creation market, creating product expansion ideas within GitHub, developing marketing strategies, and great execution.
- Build and grow the GitHub.com user base with a focus on active user development.
- Creatively develop strategy to drive events and marketing activities to broaden brand awareness.
- Work with marketing teams and vendors to execute on strategic campaigns to increase user activity in the region.
- Develop the business to scale with sales and market growth by working with Marketing, Support, Human Resources, and Community teams.
- Encourage innovation and creativity in the operations processes to streamline business and increase profitability.
- Build a repeatable hiring process and drive strategic staffing goals to align with company objectives.
- 3+ years experience as a Country Manager, General Manager, or other role with commensurate experience
- Proven track record of growing YOY revenue in the India market
- Accountable to commitments, results, and quality to all customers, partners, and employees
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational structuring skills
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Flexibility to work across different time zones with geographically distributed teams
- Interest in Git and GitHub, passion for the mission and purpose of the company
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to travel frequently within India and Internationally
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Deep knowledge of the developer community
- Experience as both a Sales and Marketing leader
- Experience working with foreign software companies
- Experience working in a direct and indirect sales model
- Selling subscription based licenses
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.