GitHub is searching for a Head of Global Compensation to join our Human Resources & Talent team. You will be partnering and consulting with our HR Business partners and our Talent Acquisition teams to document and analyze data, and collaborate with our HR leadership and executive staff to enhance our compensation planning. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork, and results. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics and process improvement. The ideal candidate understands the constructs of compensation design are highly analytical, quantitatively adept, and able to drive scalable processes.
- Develop cost models, forecast analyze and plan design recommendations on a variety of global compensation programs, including, but not limited to; base pay, short- and long-incentives, equity awards and retention.
- Design and manage the executive compensation program (base salary, bonus program and equity awards)
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners to level and map roles to compensation structures
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultative advice to managers and HR business partners on compensation philosophy (e.g. promotions/transfers, job offers, relocations) and guideline interpretation
- Communicate effectively across the organization and develop strategic partnerships with Executive Leadership, Legal, and Finance teams.
Collect and analyze compensation information to determine market competitiveness and internal equity
- Redesign and administer our annual compensation planning in conjunction with our performance management cycle, including data prep, tool design and auditing
- Select and participate in global compensation surveys and market trends surveys
- Support the Human Resource & Talent team on special comp projects and assignments as required
- Experience with Workday Compensation tool preferred
- Experience with assisting sales with clear and concise compensation commission plan documents
- 10 + years of related experience in a compensation role within a high-growth technology company
- Strong analytical rigor with the ability to effectively analyze data and create meaningful, understandable reports and metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great judgment and knows how to handle confidential information
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and has an aptitude for bringing order and organization to competing priorities
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.