GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for Enterprise Sales Managers to work with our largest prospects and new customers to build great relationships, help them to learn about GitHub and our products and facilitate the buying process. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages. We are looking for Enterprise Sales Managers in all of GitHub’s geographical selling markets. The role will report to Director of Enterprise Sales.
- New business strategic selling. Develop plans and resource requirements to close new business within GitHub’s Enterprise prospect market segment and then grow those accounts rapidly within the first 12 months by providing new account services for customer and company success. Provide accurate forecasting for deals and quarterly revenue. Be the primary interface for new prospects and customers.
- Risk Management. Identify risk and be decisive to ensure any risk is mitigated.
- Network building. Identify the right customer stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success. Build a solid network at GitHub and within customer and prospect accounts to ensure successful deal conversion. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to demonstrate the value of GitHub and, in turn, help close business and ensure new customer success.
- Manage by influence. Be a consensus builder inside GitHub and within customer and prospect accounts to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Understand GitHub products and solutions. Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub. Sell value and provide real ROI analysis with our products and services for prospects and new customers. Work programmatically with prospects and new customers on a set of metrics to show them how to improve their business by properly using GitHub products and services.
- Effective communicator and presenter. Present strategic ideas to small and large groups of customers, work off script and answer questions and challenges in live settings with key prospects, new customers and partners.
- Deal process, objection handling and driving momentum. Map out prospect buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, and identify deal stakeholders (including mobilizers and blockers) in order to drive deal momentum to close. Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Solve problems and hypothesize possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorm with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges.
- 5-10 years of successful sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quota while winning new customer business
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to engage audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Consistent track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%.
- High energy and positive attitude
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription-based licenses
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.