GitHub powers the developer community. Since 2008, our platform has brought people together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems to build the future. We've enabled over 27 million developers and thousands of businesses to build and share their software projects with people all over the world.
Cultivate community at GitHub using our new intranet and internal social platform. You'll be responsible for understanding what's happening throughout GitHub. What groups are there? How many people use it? Who's participating? Who can you partner with? And what can we do to make GitHub even better? How can we engage more people? It means you'll be a champion for open communication. You'll be the one that keeps our intranet as the REAL headquarters of GitHub globally.
It means you're passionate about digital communication and social networking; you understand intimately how it works and how important it is that it works well.
You'll be the one who keeps content fresh. A lot of the time, you'll promote others content and find stories that sustain and grow our culture. You'll produce content yourself—that includes news stories, graphics, and working with the internal video team. You’ll spend time with remote employees around the world to ensure they are seen, heard, included and equal in visibility so our employees feel connected regardless of geos and time zones.
- Build community strategy recommendations with partners such as working closely with Human Resources to ensure strategic goals are aligned.
- Manage our community engagement calendar. This includes content (video/images/articles), discussions, and in-person events.
- Advocate and champion user-generated content, member conversations and peer-to-peer networking.
- Monitor the intranet. You're the keeper of the community rules of engagement. You'll own governance.
- Nurture a sense of community. Welcome new members, connect members with like members, and build affinity.
- Train others on how to use and leverage social business tools and community tools to engage more with each other.
- Monitor the new platform and ecosystem and resolve any issues as they arise.
- Build, collect, and analyze community metrics. Share findings with relevant stakeholders. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Engage with professional community management networks to regularly benchmark what we do and identify new trends.
- Write engaging content, create graphics, and partner in producing videos.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate or technology communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in brand journalism (headline copy, copywriting, etc)
- Pro knowledge and experience of social media; network effect
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Graphics skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Strong desire to connect and engage employees
- Measurement skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure, managing resources and several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management skills and analytical ability
- Understanding of software development landscape
- "Gets" the developer's mindset
- Experience using GitHub
- Articulate, confident communicator: You are thoughtful, detailed-oriented, and intentional in your written and in-person communication; are comfortable sharing information with colleagues at all levels of seniority; and understand the nuances needed for diverse audiences.
- Passionate about social community: You believe that social tools can be used to engage employees, build relationships, eradicate silos and distance.
- Business strategist: You know how to identify business objectives, set goals, and clearly communicate with stakeholders.
- Curious and innovative: You are continually curious, exploring new ideas without specific instruction. You're watching the latest on tool features and continuously learning new intranet trends.
- Professional networker: You cultivate a strong network of like-minded community managers outside the company and culture influencers inside the company.
- Bridge builder: You build and nurture relationships with Hubbers at all levels of the organization.
- Aware & savvy: You naturally notice gaps in communication and can find ways to improve them.
- Measure results: You understand web and social media analytics, how to report on them, and how to spot trends.
- Chief Listener: You put effective strategies in place to drive member participation and interaction. You listen.
- Leadership Skills: You know how to serve others, resolve conflict, and influence people. You anticipate issues before they arise.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.