The Support organization at GitHub is looking for an experienced leader for our Developer Support team.
The Developer Support team is responsible for delivering world class support to GitHub.com customers. The team aims to solve customer problems, be voice of the customer, and delight customers every step of the way. As leader of that group, the right candidate will be responsible for developing a strategic vision, the team’s roadmap, and for delivering results. This candidate will be responsible for thought leadership, mentorship, and act as an advocate for both the team and GitHub’s customers.
The Customer Success organization is highly distributed and the right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect that you will create working relationships with coworkers and peers in locations around the globe.
- Define and deliver a healthy and sustainable support strategy
- Refine and build empowering processes that delight customers and employees
- Work and communicate cross-functionally, advocating for the needs and voice of support
- Influence overall product decisions using customer feedback and support data metrics
- Provide guidance, leadership, mentorship, and support to a large team of managers and individual contributors
- Define metrics that measure the value of standard and premium support to customers (e.g., resource utilization, NPS, CSAT, etc.)
- 5 years experience leading and scaling successful support teams
- 2 years experience working in a SaaS environment
- Stellar written and verbal communication
- Experience and knowledge of industry standard support practices and ability to learn new practices
- Demonstrated ability to ship and deliver results
- Experience analyzing and gathering data metrics from various systems such as CRMs, community conversations, and data warehouse in order to drive data-driven decisions
- Have demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness
- Display a strong commitment to building an inclusive environment
- Can bring a new perspective based on unique educational, professional, and lived experiences
- Can effectively communicate with people from disparate backgrounds
- Experience working remotely and with a remote workforce
- Previous work with GitHub and/or developers
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.