We are looking for a talented Sales Compensation Analyst to join our team to help manage strategic analytics and operational initiatives for the Sales team.
The Sales Compensation Analyst will help support the monthly close process, compensation plan rollouts, ad-hoc analysis, and other compensation related projects as needed. You should be able to communicate effectively with key business stakeholders and have experience contributing to projects with cross-functional team members.
- Assist with monthly commission process for the sales team. This includes understanding and applying the commission plan consistently, ensuring commissions calculations comply with the plan and managing exception requests versus policy.
- Manage tight deadlines and deliver commissions and payroll reporting to Finance each period.
- Develop and maintain compensation calculators and sales performance reporting.
- Perform weekly/monthly data audits to accurately maintain plan participant detail, and compensation design components.
- Participate in the design and implementation process for system enhancements for calculation logic and reporting functionality in the incentive compensation system and related tools.
- Utilizing our commissions software tool to calculate, pay, report, and analyze sales commissions.
- Provide analytical support for other sales compensation projects and initiatives as needed. Determine and develop recommendations and carry-out decisions to completion. Contribute to projects effectively despite multiple priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Self-starter: You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Analytical and Forward Thinker: You are passionate about solving difficult business problems and telling the story behind the numbers.
- Strong Communicator: You communicate effectively with business stakeholders and cross-functional team members.
- Flexible: You are able to quickly shift focus and effectively handle short-notice assignments and changing priorities.
- 3+ years of work experience in a Sales Finance, Sales Analytics, Sales Operations, and/or Strategy Consulting role
- Demonstrated analytical skill and past experience on deriving insights from data
- Advanced Excel skills including experience with functions, pivot tables, modeling, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with CallidusCloud
- Bachelor degree or higher in Business, Engineering, or another field that uses quantitative analysis
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in a remote heavy organization
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.