We're looking for a writer to help create user assistance content for GitHub Help.
You'll report to the Product Documentation Team Manager and work cooperatively with the Product Documentation team to produce task-based, user-facing help content that's tailored to a range of audiences.
The Product Documentation team is highly distributed and we embrace an environment of asynchronous communication. You'll need strong communication skills and the ability to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact, and shipping. If you're a patient, compassionate writer who loves crafting content that helps people use software, we'd like to hear from you!
- Collaborate with the Product Documentation team to plan and develop user assistance content for GitHub products and tools, including GitHub.com, GitHub Pages, and GitHub Enterprise.
- Review and edit drafts of user assistance content from other writers on the team.
- Communicate with teams across GitHub about user feedback, product direction and vision, and technical product information to inform the user assistance content we create.
- Contribute to the iteration of Product Documentation team processes and workflows.
- Ability to create high-quality user assistance content for software products.
- Strong user advocate, especially for new users.
- Ability to compassionately give and receive editorial and technical feedback.
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex writing projects with high attention to detail along the way.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team.
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub.
- Experience creating technical content.
- Experience working collaboratively with a team of writers or editors.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.