GitHub’s sales team is growing, and we need someone to join our global Deal Desk team who can assist the sales organization in their sales efforts by driving preparation of content development throughout the sales process. Our direct, indirect, services and sales engineering teams are ready for your help. You’ll love working with the sales and channel teams and like to hit tough goals. You will be a key contributor and resource for reps to shorten their time to productivity. The primary focus of this role will be to support the proposal development process, including, but not limited to the Security-GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) portion of the sales process that is often required by companies as part of the pre and post-sales process.
This individual will seek to develop approaches to create and streamline our proposal and Security-GRC process, improve the overall workflow and leverage other resources when appropriate (Security-GRC team, Solutions Engineers, etc.) This individual will develop a library of content and proposal templates to be used across the sales organization. They will also ensure the content is tagged properly and loaded into our enablement platform for broader usage throughout the sales organization.
The team will look to this individual to gather feedback on prospect/customer responses and content, improve processes/actions based on feedback, updated where needed, implement new ideas.
- Support the daily sales content needs for the sales and customer success organization, with particular emphasis on developing proposals and answering security questionnaires. This person will serve as the interface to other cross functional teams required to support collecting the best proposal content and security content. Lastly, this person will be responsible for assembling and proofreading the final including review of all formatting and brand related items.
- Responsible for becoming highly familiar with solutions and key resources for each deal and to serve as an interface to the broader Deal Desk team to share suggested sales asset opportunities, feedback, trends and coordinate updates.
- Responsible for ensuring all proposal content is identified with the proper content owner, tagged to enable intuitive categorization and uploaded in the content management system within the enablement platform. In addition, the role is responsible for developing and updating content under a regular cadence to ensure overall accuracy and relevancy as business updates happen within the organization.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while contributing your great ideas to fuel our growth.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a B2B sales organization, sales operations or deal desk function; experience with software, security, enterprise or technical sales is preferred.
- Familiarity with GitHub, DevOps, the software development landscape, and ability to articulate technical aspects is needed.
- Domain knowledge on security and compliance topics.
- Experience creating and writing proposal content with strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with critical deadlines, without losing your sense of humor.
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!