GitHub is looking for an experienced production designer to join the design systems team. This design role will tackle high visibility and crucial design projects that support executive leadership.
GitHub builds tools that empower developers and teams to collaborate on building the world's best software. Because of this, we often need to communicate deeply technical information to explain the goals and requirements behind features. In this role, you'll use your design skills to enable non-designers to convey complicated details in more effective ways. You'll work with design leadership and subject-matter experts to storyboard presentations. When needed, you'll help to produce design assets for product promotions or for sharing behind the scenes content from the design and engineering orgs.
- Produce beautifully crafted presentations for executive leadership and senior management.
- Own and maintain templates and reusable design assets for efficiently creating Keynote presentations for use across the company.
- Create visuals to communicate technical concepts, sometimes crafting original images to visualize steps, sometimes using screenshots from product user interfaces.
- Collaborate with leadership and other designers, produce layouts and rough sketches to communicate initial ideas for feedback from team members.
- Create design assets for the promotion of new product launches, for executive and public audiences.
- Maintain brand standards when producing design deliverables.
- Embrace new workflows and tools as our work evolves.
- You are an expert in Keynote for creating presentations, and can adapt these to other presentation tools such as Powerpoint or Google slides when needed.
- You have strong skills in design tools (such as Illustrator, Figma, Sketch or other) required for creating illustrations and other visuals for presentations and promotions.
- You can take complex concepts, bring them to life, and create compelling stories with simple and beautiful visuals.
- You have fundamental design skills, such as a strong sense of color, typography, and design composition.
- You have a strong design portfolio of presentation decks.
- You understand that, regardless of planning, you will sometimes be asked to assist with urgent tasks leading up to important events.
- You have at least 3 years experience in similar design roles.
- You have motion/animation experience.
- You are familiar with Markdown, GitHub, HTML, CSS, and SVG.
- You are familiar with working within and maintaining established design systems.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner!