- Lead the definition of problems-to-solve on behalf of the customer for your area ensuring it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Participate in calls, answer support tickets, and attend enterprise briefings to support our customers.
- Build cross functional relationships to represent platform needs and requirements.
- Be the point person for projects from start to finish.
- Work with marketing and sales to launch your team’s work in the market.
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams.
- Coach, mentor and help set strategy for more junior PMs on the team.
- 5+ years in Product Management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover the problem to solve for customers.
- Experience with developer tools.
- Understanding of API design.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy.
- Familiarity with modern software development lifecycle practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
- Proficiency in one or more major programming languages -- you'll need to build a demo or proof of concept for various stakeholders.
- Built an integration with GitHub's API.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.