GitHub is looking for a full-time Senior Revenue Analyst to join our accounting team in San Francisco. The individual will play a critical role in analyzing non-standard revenue contracts and multiple element arrangements, researching and implementing GAAP revenue standards, and supporting GitHub’s quote-to-cash process.
GitHub is looking for highly-motivated individual who can perform in a fast-paced, start-up environment. This is a great time to join our team, as we have several interesting projects underway which will enhance the individual’s overall knowledge of the business and serve as valuable experience.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with Company policy and US GAAP
- Involvement in maintenance and improvement of GitHub’s quote to cash process
- Review revenue contracts for compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and internal controls
- Review and update process documentation
- Assist in yearly audit process
- Ensure efficient and accurate completion of month-end close activities, including the proper deferral and recognition of revenue
- Maintain accurate deferred revenue schedules on a monthly basis
- Assist in analysis and implementation process for new revenue standards (ASC 606)
- Assist or manage special projects and processes
- 3-5 years technical revenue accounting experience, preferably within the Software and SaaS industry
- Understanding and experience working with financial statement audits
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP requirements and revenue recognition rules
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Desire for continuous improvement of current processes, procedures and documentation
- Proactive and self motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written & oral communication
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word and Excel
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Active CPA
- NetSuite, Zuora, and/or Salesforce experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.