GitHub powers the developer community. Since 2008, our platform has brought people together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems to build the future. We've enabled over 27 million developers and thousands of businesses to build and share their software projects with people all over the world.
The Executive Communications Business Partner is a newly-created role focused on building a comms program with key GitHub executives. This person will develop internal and external comms strategy and content, including storyboarding and presentations, thought leadership content, and ensuring alignment across executive comms programs. The role partners closely with the rest of the communications team to effectively identify executive engagement opportunities - internal and external - that both drive business impact and positively positions the company as an industry leader.
This role is based in San Francisco with periodic travel opportunities.
- Builds a deep understanding of executive’s objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes.
- Partners with executives to establish core messages for internal and external engagements.
- Owns internal comms deliverables for the executives – managing content and cadence.
- Builds presentation narratives and content with executives – to be used to build keynotes, industry presentations, internal All Hands, and other opportunities.
- Partners closely with the AR, PR, social media, web team and others in providing key messages for external comms program.
- Identifies key engagement opportunities (conferences, events, online, etc.) where executives can share their perspective and build relationships.
- Coaches executives in effective communications skills (i.e., oral presentation, active listening, etc.) and relationship building skills to help them become effective spokespeople for the company and department.
- Provides superior communications counsel to senior leaders and enables them to lead dialogue with their respective stakeholders.
- Monitors external and internal channels to identify communication opportunities.
- Measures programs and makes informed recommendations on programs and changes.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate or technology communications, with at least 2 years focused on executive communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation development skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Experience with executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure, managing resources and several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management skills and analytical ability
- Knowledge of industry must-attend events for executive leadership
- Knowledge of key media opportunities for senior leadership
- Skilled in Powerpoint or Keynote
- Understanding of software development landscape
- Experience using GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.