GitHub is looking for a Senior Product Manager to work with our Payments team. You will be responsible for supporting products and features like, subscriptions, invoicing, discounting, and payments products. Together, we will create products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, working intentionally, and getting things done.
GitHub Engineering and Product Management organizations are highly distributed so you should embrace an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact, and shipping. You will excel when your working style reflects these values. We want you to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives and we'll partner to enable the same for you.
In this position, you will report to the Senior Director of Product and will be paired with Engineering Managers from the Billing and Payments team. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- Lead the product vision for your area of responsibility. Ensure that it aligns with the overall company direction.
- Evangelize your vision. You will work with many teams across GitHub to make sure they have context and understand where we are going.
- Be the champion and voice of customers throughout the creation process.
- Own the roadmap, making tough tactical prioritization decisions while keeping the long-term strategy in mind. Build trust by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team so a collaborative attitude is crucial.
- Measure success. You will define what success means for your product. Success measures ought to be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle.
- Uncover product opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers, and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with the ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products.
- Strong technical abilities, including experience with developer tool workflows.
- Familiarity with payments technology and ecosystem.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
- Working knowledge of payments, subscriptions and invoicing process.
- Experience in building payment products for marketplaces.
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.