Are you passionate about distributed systems and parallel computing? Have you built high-performance, interactive processing systems that analyze datasets at scale? GitHub is looking for software engineers to join our Infrastructure organization to build systems that will allow us to easily answer complex questions about the world's code.
The Infrastructure organization is highly distributed and we thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. As a member of our organization, you'll be challenged with interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.
- You will help us plan, design, implement, and review the software that powers the infrastructure underlying GitHub's user-facing products.
- You will monitor, maintain, and diagnose that software as it runs in production on hundreds of geographically distributed hosts.
- You will respond to the needs of users and of other developers at GitHub.
- You have a track record of building infrastructure automation.
- You have proficiency in one or more of Java, Python, C, or Go.
- You possess a tenacious ability to diagnose and fix performance and reliability problems.
- You use a pragmatic approach to decision-making and design choices.
- You have strong written communication skills and enjoy developing working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- You are comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team.
- You have built highly available systems at scale.
- You have experience with network protocols, distributed systems and parallel computing.
- You know how to run production applications in a Linux or Unix environment.
- You have used Git as a developer.
- You have worked with Redshift, BigQuery or similar systems.
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!