GitHub is an integral part of the way the world builds software. We're looking for Node.js engineers who are passionate about helping others succeed in software development. You'll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and distributed group of engineers, trainers and designers to extend GitHub Learning Lab, and help the world learn to build software together.
- Building products with the mindset of education, training and development
- Building on and providing feedback about the GitHub API
- Monitor and maintain the deployment of GitHub Learning Lab at scale
- Extending the product through public-facing APIs
- 3+ years building web applications at scale
- Experience with debugging, optimizing, and scaling Node.js in production environments
- Experience with Git, GitHub, relational databases, and job queues
- You love building useful products within a set of limitations
- You are adept at making trade-offs, cutting scope, and bringing an amazing, focused experience to our customers
- You are known for being a great communicator and have the ability to empathize with a diverse range of product stakeholders
- Position will require occasional travel to team and company events
- You have integrated with a multitude a public APIs in a variety of fields
- You have experience building front-end applications using modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- You have experience building platforms tailored to learning
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.