GitHub helps businesses succeed with GitHub so they can build better software, together. We are passionate about helping bring GitHub to developers at companies and organizations all over the world.
GitHub is looking for a Field Marketing Manager to build and execute successful field marketing programs with the Enterprise Sales team in East EMEA, which includes the DACH region, Eastern Europe and Russia. The Field Marketing Manager will partner with field sales to support revenue, pipeline and other goals of the region. They will collaborate closely with the marketing team to build account based marketing campaigns, adapt messaging and campaigns for execution in region, and communicate the field's needs back to corporate marketing.
The right candidate understands end-to-end customer journey in enterprise sales, is driven by data and results, and has a high bar for success. The role is designed for a seasoned field marketer who has successfully partnered with sales at an enterprise technology company.
This role is based in the Europe, with preference for GitHub Amsterdam office.
- Develop and execute field marketing plans that supports East EMEA region sales strategy. Provide guidance to sales about marketing tactics to achieve their goals
- Create and execute account-based marketing strategies within designed framework aligning to sales needs and goals
- Identify, plan, execute and track a variety of regional programs including GitHub-hosted events, sponsored events and tradeshows, user group meetings and regional customer meetings
- Work with Field Sales, Sales Development and Account Management teams to deliver results for regional demand generation campaigns
- Ensure timely lead routing and follow up with local teams to track success metrics
- Establish and proactively manage regional budget, being vigilant in tracking; evaluate results against goals
- Generate learnings for improvement and document field marketing best practices
- Help drive and coordinate the creation of customer case studies, news stories, press releases, and event communications. Provide field feedback to corporate marketing
- Be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and work with sales enablement to communicate marketing initiatives in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience in event or field marketing, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of working with sales organization to build and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and strong program management skills to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Written and spoken English and German communication required
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators a plus
- Comfortable with 35%-50% travel in region
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.