GitHub is seeking an experienced product marketer to drive product messaging and positioning for the GitHub marketplace and ecosystem-related products. The Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Ecosystem has deep technical knowledge of development workflows, marketplaces, platforms, and APIs and will build the right messaging, content and go-to-market strategies to deliver the GitHub value proposition to our integrators and customers.
- Drive GitHub product messaging and positioning for the GItHub marketplace and ecosystem-related products
- Work effectively across GitHub and with the partner ecosystem to achieve business goals
- Develop ecosystem positioning and content for new product launches and releases
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with industry analysts
- Engage with Press/Journalists as appropriate
- 4+ years of experience in developer-focused product marketing
- A Bachelor degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
- Deep understanding of software development tools and platforms with the ability to clearly articulate, message, and present product differentiation that aligns with the overall platform and ecosystem messaging
- Experience working closely with product management and engineering on roadmap and product launches
- Willingness to operate at both highly-strategic and tactical levels a must
- Exceptional presentation and written skills required
- Experience working with sales teams to communicate product value to enterprise customers
- Experience using GitHub and other software development tools
- MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background is preferred
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.