GitHub is looking for an exceptionally high-performance generalist, who is capable of analysis, data engineering, tool development to join the Infrastructure Operations group. You will focus on improving the operational efficacy and strategy of the Infrastructure organization for existing and new products. You’ll get to work on complex, non-routine problems, applying advanced engineering and/or analytical methods as needed.
Projects will be multifaceted and combine multiple disciplines, helping deliver fully-informed solutions.
This is an individual contributor position with significant growth potential.
- Identify gaps in Infrastructure operations processes and new product operations.
- Support the Infrastructure Operations team in improving the efficacy of the Infrastructure org.
- Strategic research and exploratory analysis
- Broader strategic business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Develop and automate tooling to enable efficacy at scale, solving for organizational needs.
- ‘Full stack’ data analyst and tooling engineer. This is a largely autonomous role (from an engineering support standpoint).
- You have developed automated and operations-focused tools that support critical business functions.
- You have a strong understanding of metrics and automation.
- You can diagnose and resolve operational issues in complex systems.
- Brilliant SQL, Python, and R skills (or equivalent).
- Strong data modeling skills.
- You use a pragmatic approach to decision making and design choices.
- Comfortable with deep work & project cycles.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Masters in quantitative or strategic field
- Understanding of basic ML techniques and capable of implementing where required
- Experience with Presto, Looker
- Experience with AWS
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.