The Senior Program Manager, Customer Success is responsible for program managing multiple Customer focused initiatives to maximize the Customer and employee experience at GitHub. This will involve close collaboration with internal teams in Customer support, Customer success, professional services, marketing, sales, product, Legal and Sales. You will be responsible for the seamless rollout and sustained success of global programs within a worldwide organization. This role's purview includes regional coordination, processes, documentation, and delivery of quality Customer Success programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of planning / project management skills, and a deep understanding of the delivery mechanics found in a Customer Success organization.
- Responsible for managing on-going programs within GitHub involving Customer experience, Customer Adoption, and Customer services programs
- Plan, organize, and facilitate WW Support programs to generate Support revenue. Responsible for Go to market plans and execution of Program initiatives.
- Develop excellent working relationships with regional Support management to enable the successful delivery of value-added support services
- Obtain input from customers on new support services programs that can result in monetization of support services. Responsible for working with Sales enablement on training sales on these programs, and maintaining a list of referenceable customers.
- Develops, owns and manages program development, execution and implementation within specified scope.
- Responsible for analysis and review of customer satisfaction data, benchmarking with competition, and making recommendations to ensure GitHub remains at the forefront of the industry in the provision of customer support.
- Work on highly complex projects requiring the use of analytical skills, ingenuity and creativity. Independently determines methods and procedures on new assignments and consults other groups or management. Identifies and solves problems using knowledge & understanding of best practices, resources, and collaborates with management as appropriate. Analyze business issues and collaborate and influence management.
- Analyzes problems in larger business context and collaborates and influences management issues through the use of job knowledge in a specific area and/or external market factors to recommend solutions.
- Able to present complex messages to multiple audiences through formal presentations, personal networking and written reports. Achieves results by communicating across functions and departments.
- Work with the Support and Customer Success teams to establish and track detailed milestone deliverables of all components.
- Develop project plans including task breakdown, owners, and deliverables. Proactively manage and report on deliverables progress and escalate risks accordingly.
- Partners with Success, Services, Education, Training and other teams to ensure the Customer Delight Organization has a deeper insight into our KPI's and can act upon them.
- Accountable for successful alignment across customer initiatives. Understand, track, and drive to conclusion technical issues.
- Define and track acceptance criteria and milestones for project deliverables.
- As required participate in the evaluation and selection of 3rd party software vendors.
- Responsible for successful third party accreditation and certification of the Support centers.
- 7+ years experience as project / program or software engineering manager,
- Experience in developing & executing complex Customer focused initiatives from scratch to scale.
- Experience in launching new services for enterprise customers, consumers and developers to scale.
- A thorough understanding of the support needs of enterprise customers, open source developers and building a successful community.
- Must have previous and demonstrated leadership experience in a customer service or technical support environment, including roll-out of revenue focused Support services offerings.
- 5+ years support services experience within an enterprise infrastructure or enterprise application software company.
- An understanding of enterprise application and infrastructure software.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of Operational Infrastructure, metrics, processes, systems and tools for running a WW Support center
- A proven track record in achieving results wo.rking cross-functionally and cross-organizationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple Projects underway with tight deadlines, including mentoring junior staff.
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management.
- Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at executive level internally and at customers.
- Influence and work with conflicting interests through use of constructive debate, dialog, relationship building..
- Experience working with a distributed support organization and remote support teams.
- Strong Microsoft Project and Excel skills.
- Experience leading project teams (with formal or informal management responsibilities).
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects, including developing project objectives, prioritizing project responsibilities, delegating tasks, executing project deliverables, and tracking and measuring project to successful completion.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.