Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Ni Nyampinga Senior Manager Marketing and Digital in the development of the Ni Nyampinga marketing and brand positioning plan, ensuring Ni Nyampinga is rooted in youth culture and continues to be an innovative and creative youth brand to enable it to deliver against its reach, impact and sustainability objectives.
- Be the guardian of the Ni Nyampinga brand and, in conjunction with the Senior Manager Marketing and Digital, you will work across all touchpoints of Ni Nyampinga including Strategy, Editorial and Operations to ensure that the Ni Nyampinga brand and its brand values sit at the heart of everything we do. This will include signing off day to day usage.
- In conjunction with the Creative Producer you will be in charge of creating and delivering all Girl Effect Rwanda and Ni Nyampinga events ensuring a programme of world-class events that are embedded in youth culture.
- Lead on the development of a network of creative influencers, and supporters, in conjunction with the Partnerships team, who can help guide and shape the development of the Ni Nyampinga brand.
- Manage the Ni Nyampinga Brand Ambassador Network and transitioning it from its current distribution-led role to a full-time model, maximizing its potential to deliver as an experiential marketing team.
- With the Senior Marketing and Digital Manager contribute to the development of world-class marketing campaigns and managing their roll out including developing and implementing an innovative and impactful media plan.
- Actively seek out and deliver appropriate brand partnerships and opportunities to further support the Ni Nyampinga brand objectives.
- Work with Senior Manager Marketing and Digital in the development and production on Ni Nyampinga music strategy and products.
Who You Are
- You have demonstrable experience of managing and developing brands (ideally in emerging markets)
- You have existing network of youth culture influencers and shapers and demonstrable experience of thought-leadership and creative innovation.
- You have experience of growing brands across reach, impact and reputation
- You have in depth knowledge and experience across the full creative production process; able to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- You have deep knowledge of the media landscape and brand life cycle
- You have demonstrable experience of inspiring creativity and innovation in others (internally and with partners) leading to positive business outcomes
- You demonstrate energy, resilience and passion for the work and have excellent planning and project management skills; taking a solutions focused approach to overcome challenges
- You have a deep understanding of Rwandan youth culture
- You have experience working with content and editorial teams to advise on long form and short form branded content
- You have significant experience of delivering large scale brand and youth events
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
Deadline to apply - Monday March 26th, 2018.