About the Company:
GIPHY is the world’s largest place to search, discover, and create all the GIFs. We’re the leading brand in GIFs and the format. We act as a search engine for people to find content. Our API powers GIF distribution across platforms like iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp and many more. GIPHY serves 4B GIFS to 150M people every day. We built the way people talk in GIFs. We want the world to speak visually on top of text.
About the Role:
This is an opportunity to work on GIPHY’s flagship iOS Search App, GIPHY for iMessage, and various special projects. You will contribute to any and all upcoming features and maintenance, suggest improvements, iterate on designs, and look to improve our overall process.
At GIPHY, we run a lean ship and a small team, so you would be contributing in a big way. We are early-adopters and are among the first to integrate new technologies into our products in a meaningful way. For example, GIPHY was chosen by Apple to be one of the featured iMessage apps for the iOS 10 launch. The ideal candidate would always be on the lookout for ways to leverage new frameworks and platforms to get All of the GIFs in all of the places.
Our products are a direct reflection of our unique and fun culture, and people really, really love working here. We can offer a creative environment made up of of humble, funny, GIF-loving internet enthusiasts.
See for yourself: http://giphy.com/team
What you'll do:
- Develop iOS applications in a fast paced development environment
- Work in a collaborative environment with a talented team of designers and engineers
- Build new features continuously and stay current with the latest consumer mobile state of the art
- Integration of RESTful APIs / back-end services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent 4 year degree from an accredited institution (in lieu of degree 4 years of relevant professional work experience)
- 4+ years of experience in building and releasing production-quality applications via the App Store
- Proficiency in developing for iOS with Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience with Linux or other Unix-based operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience rapidly producing prototypes
- Enjoy and appreciate collaborating with designers and fellow engineers
- 4+ years developing consumer grade applications on the iOS mobile platform
- Experience releasing and distributing applications via the App Store
- Experience in working on applications with rapidly growing user-bases
- Open-source contributions and/or side-projects
- Start-up experience