Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve more than 10 billion pieces of content (GIFs, Stickers, etc.) per day, to a daily user reach of 700+ million.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
We’re seeking a Product Manager to help define, guide, and execute GIPHY’s API vision and strategy. In addition, you will build the tools necessary to manage that API network both internally and externally. GIPHY’s API is one of the most prominent products in the suite as it powers all of GIPHY’s owned and operated apps as well as all of our integrations. Hundreds of millions of people use GIPHY every day.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the product vision, competitive strategy, and roadmap for the API and Internal tooling products based on business objectives, partner requests and maximizing value to our users
- Collaborate closely with engineers and designers to define and deliver products
- Work cross-organizationally with Business Development teams to gather requirements, negotiate priorities, and deliver product solutions
- Work directly with internal and external product and engineering teams to ensure we’re delivering the best search experiences across the platform
- Own cross-team and company-wide communication and education around the API and internal teams and product
- Evangelize API vision and product both internally and externally
What we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to product, program, or project manage a highly technical product.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about partnering with engineers to build experiences that benefit internal and external users, a plus if that competency is software tooling and APIs
- Experience leading product teams and managing products through the entire development lifecycle
- Comfortable and excited working with external partners to help provide a great experience for them, and help drive API’s roadmap to the next level
- Strong leader with the ability to build good relationships and trust with the product team, partners, and stakeholders
- Product and project management skills: extremely organized, good problem solver, strong communicator, positive attitude
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies and processes and being an advocate for continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interacting with both engineering and business teams with the ability to lead via influence, patience, and determination
This is a contract position with a max of 40 hours per week.
At GIPHY we believe that being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more balanced and competitive company. GIPHY is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, caste, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, level of education, age, citizenship, marital or family status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), ability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities; to request an accommodation please let us know in your application.