Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve more than 10 billion pieces of content (GIFs, Stickers, etc.) per day, to a daily user reach of 700+ million.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our team at GIPHY for a 6-month contract. If you are a GIF-obsessed social media professional, we would like to meet you! While the majority of this role is centered around inbound feedback, there is a huge opportunity to contribute to larger Social strategy and day-to-day work. This role will act as the real-time link between our community and GIPHY, and is an integral part of this growing social media team.
- Real-time monitoring of all inbound responses to all GIPHY owned social profiles
- Act as liaison between Support and Social teams
- Track and report on recurring inbound feedback
- Communicate externally with followers in a timely manner
- Stay abreast of product information daily to ensure external communication is up-to-date
- Occasional organic posting from social accounts
- Occasional after-hours realtime editorial coverage (Work week will still be capped at 40 hours)
Who You Are:
- At least 1 year of relevant social media work
- Ideally for an editorial brand or in a community management type of role
- Knowledge of GIPHY products and GIFs
- Excellent communication skills
- Great project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently
- Sense of humor!
This is a contract position with a max of 40 hours per week.
At GIPHY we believe that being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more balanced and competitive company. GIPHY is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, caste, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, level of education, age, citizenship, marital or family status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), ability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities; to request an accommodation please let us know in your application.