Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve more than 10 billion pieces of content (GIFs, Stickers, etc.) per day, to a daily user reach of 700+ million.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
GIPHY Studios is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Video Editor to join our team and participate in all stages of the post-workflow process on brand, partner, and original content creation. As an Assistant Video Editor, you will take on a wide variety of responsibilities (ingesting footage, color correction, cutting selects, file management, etc.) and will need to be organized, collaborative, and self-motivated. Expertise using various programs in the Adobe Creative Suite is necessary, as well as extensive knowledge about color correction.
As part of our application process, please share links to a demo reel or samples of past work.
What You'll Do:
- Support Producers, Art Directors, Video Editors & DPs on various brand, partner, and original projects
- Ingest footage and backup files
- Maintain the server and set up project files
- Oversee color correction for all footage shot in-house
- Edit footage/pull selects, support video-to-GIF exports, and create GIF, sticker, and video content
- Address notes and feedback in a timely and efficient manner
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of experience editing live action footage
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects
- Experience in other post-software programs (Final Cut, DaVinci, Pro Tools, etc.) and various post-production workflows
- Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Solution-oriented and able to support others with troubleshooting
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be self-sufficient when prioritizing deadlines
- Experience working on branded content is a plus
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership and lots of other fun perks.