Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
What We’re Looking For:
GIPHY is looking for a Social Media Coordinator (contract) to support the Social Media team.
- Create and schedule original on-brand copy (across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.) for all of GIPHY’s social brands.
- Support GIPHY’s Social Team in creation, coordination, and monitoring of realtime social coverage and timely content, including nights and weekends.
- Develop and maintain GIPHY’s Social Content Calendar on a daily basis to further community engagement across all platforms.
- Monitor all of GIPHY’s social mentions and engage with our growing social communities. This also includes flagging and reporting inbounds to the wider team during work hours and off-hours.
- Do competitive research to find new ideas and industry best practices
- Moderate and engage with the social communities across GIPHY’s social media platforms
- Track and report on all timely pop culture trends to the wider team.
- Research and track our KPIs to optimize company goals
- This position includes some administrative responsibilities
Who You Are
- At least 1-2 years experience in social media; social media experience at an entertainment brand/publication preferred but not required.
- Keen eye for visual design and an understanding of GIPHY’s brand aesthetic.
- Proficient in social media copywriting and content creation and clear understanding of social management and analytics platforms
- A strong passion for pop culture, a motivated self-starter, and lover of funny memes and GIFs — aka the whole internet
- A clear understanding of GIPHY, its products, and GIFs in general.
- Must be willing to work on-site at our NYC location; with the ability to work on weeknights and weekends.
- Knowledge of programs like Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, is preferred but not required.
This is a 40 hours per week 6 month contract position