GIPHY is the world’s largest short-form content platform. We animate conversations for 500 million people every day and make brands more memorable in a culturally relevant way.
Our content enriches the top messaging and social platforms, with 7 billion GIFs and stickers shared per day.
We are a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
GIPHY is currently seeking a Head of Sales, East, to join our growing team. This role will report directly into our VP of Revenue and will be based out of our headquarters in New York.
The Head of Sales, East, will oversee and grow our East coast sales operations. Their primary focus will be supporting our current East coast team at key partner meetings and helping represent GIPHY at industry conferences. The ideal candidate is someone who loves to drum up strategic business in-market and is a closer! They are no stranger to working with marketers directly and/or their senior agency representatives at both the media and creative agencies.
- Leverage your network of senior-level industry relationships within brands and agencies to help further establish and evangelize GIPHY to marketers
- Travel for in-person meetings with key partners, industry conferences, and for regional market visits
- Help lead and foster a culture of success with a relatively newly-established salesforce
- Coach, inspire, and hire best in class talent that can deliver on revenue goals
- Ensure a cohesive voice across the salesforce on all sales pitches to ensure optimal results and consistent messaging in-market
- Manage the team’s pipeline and ensure accurate forecasting and goal achievement
- Provide market feedback to leadership team and key stakeholders on necessary priorities in order to achieve long-term strategy and growth
- 7-10+ years of experience in senior-level sales and brand partnerships at a platform or publisher
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience selling a platform, first-to-market products, and branded content
- Proven track record of inking large deals
- Incredibly strong brand and agency network with a focus on the East Coast
- Energetic leadership and ability to easily move others to action by planning, organizing, motivating, and empowering
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels of an organization
- Passion for the company’s mission and self-starter with ability to execute and implement change
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and customer-service focused
- Positive vibe, low ego, self-starter, sense of humor, and lover of GIFs
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free catered lunch every day, fully covered Equinox or ClassPass gym membership and lots of other fun perks.