Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
GIPHY’s API is the core infrastructure that powers both internal and external products including Giphy.com, GIPHY mobile apps, several major, native social media integrations, thousands of indie developer apps, and more. Our public API services tens of billions of requests and traffics many petabytes of media per month. We are looking for an engineer with experience in integrations, feature development, and technical evangelism to join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide GIPHY API partners with integrations support by guiding them through our API offerings, best practices, and troubleshooting
- Maintain the GIPHY API community by collecting feedback and responding to inquiries
- Collaborate with the Partner API team to develop new features and improve existing ones
- Build scalable solutions in response to our partners’ needs and challenges across different industries
- Contribute to the Partner API team’s product roadmap to help achieve company milestones
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience shipping production-quality code
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Experience developing and maintaining APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to multi-task and be self-sufficient while helping others resolve problems
- Experience building solutions for services/APIs at high scale
- Experience contributing to open source projects, shared code repositories, and/or personal projects
- Experience with contributing to the development community (blogs, Stack Overflow, Quora, slack, etc.)
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership and lots of other fun perks.