GIPHY is the world’s largest short-form content platform. We animate conversations for 500 million people every day and make brands more memorable in a culturally relevant way.
Our content enriches the top messaging and social platforms, with 7 billion GIFs and stickers shared per day.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Creative Strategy to oversee GIPHY’s Creative Strategy team. Reporting to our VP, Revenue you will develop GIPHY’s overall branded content strategy and work cross-functionally to deliver the highest quality content to meet brand KPIs and deliver a great consumer experience. You will be responsible for the oversight of our pre-sale pitch process through production in collaboration with GIPHY studio.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working both client and agency side. We want a leader who is empathetic to marketers and can be our authority on how to create and deliver content that “works”. Your experience should include having a heavy hand and understanding of the pre-sale process, working with sales teams to win new business, leading and empowering a team of creative.
Consumers expect brands to participate in their lives empathetically, enriching their experiences instead of interrupting them. GIPHY delivers contextual, sharable short-form content that is frictionless, memorable, and fun.
This is an opportunity to be an early member of GIPHY’s revenue team.
What You’ll Do:
- Development and execution of branded content based on partner goals, budget and company priorities
- Lead, empower & grow our team of Creative Strategists
- Regularly meet with current and prospective partners to educate the market on how brands come alive on GIPHY’s platform with the goal of driving business
- Communicate with sales/account management/strategy teams from pitch through execution to ensure programs are being properly represented and that partner needs are being met while being mindful of program deliverables
- Work with GIPHY Studios Department to create custom branded content and ensure programs fit within RFP budget parameters and deliverables
- Act as a conduit between Creative Strategy and GIPHY Studios teams, providing oversight and direction for budgets, schedules and milestones for productions
Things You Should Have/Be:
- Minimum of 10 years proven branded content development and execution (brand and/or agency experience preferred)
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Impeccable project management skills
- Excellent client facing skills and presentation ability
- A proven track record of delivering success and revenue growth via branded content
- Master of content production and the inherent challenges therein
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Keynote and Google Slides
This is a full-time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free catered lunch every day, fully covered Equinox or ClassPass gym membership and lots of other fun perks.