Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
How do you make sure advertising campaigns are paced evenly in time? How do you ensure that real time analytics and metrics are up to date to ensure of the minute actioning? How do you ensure the right ads get in front of the right people? How do you marry GIPHY’s search product with our advertising products and delivery high quality ads with low latency?
We are looking for an outstanding engineer who loves solving interesting challenges related to search and advertising at scale to help us answer questions like these. This team is responsible for laying the groundwork for our growing advertising technology infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop our growing advertising technology infrastructure
- Create and maintain our backend Scala/Akka ad server and analytics engine
- Retool our batch processes to match the real-time requirements of today’s advertising landscape
- Create better internal tools for analyzing campaigns for our account managers to traffic millions of dollars in ad spending
- Optimize our campaigns to find the right creative for the right context and the right eyeballs
- Work with tools, languages, and frameworks such as Scala, Akka, Spark, Kubernetes, Python, Luigi, Spectrum, and AWS
Who You Are:
- Experience with engineering an advertising technology platform at high scale
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field preferred or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of one or more programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- JVM experience preferred
- Control theory & machine learning experience a plus
- Experience with Python/Django a plus
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of principles of distributed system design
- Start-up experience
- Familiarity with Agile principles
- Sense of humor and love of GIFs
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership and lots of other fun perks.