Gin Lane is looking for a hands-on, experienced copywriter to join our growing team.
This person is more than a writer; they are a creative communications strategist who helps shape brand and product experiences.
Working in conjunction with strategy, design, and project management, the writer must drive a vision for all copywriting and provide end-to-end writing creative support across both the Brand and Product verticals here at Gin Lane.
This role involves an understanding of the complexity of creating a unified voice across both digital product and physical collateral systems; you will be responsible for leading copywriting for all digital touchpoints as well as packaging and physical collateral for our clients. You must be able to show experience in translating brand strategy, mission, and persona into a cohesive and impactful voice in style and tonality. You must also be able to carry out this voice in a conversational and assistive way to guide users through a brand’s digital properties.
This is a highly cross-functional role reporting into the Head of Brand Development. The ideal candidate will have proven work history in a fast-paced agency environment.
While this position begins as an initial contract role, there is potential for the right candidate to transition to a full-time member of staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with Gin Lane Brand Development team and client partner to translate client’s brand strategy, mission, and persona into a cohesive and impactful voice in style and tonality
- Working with Gin Lane Experience team - including UX and design - to craft both instructional UI copy, and overall brand story and narrative for digital touchpoints
- Generation of brand names and naming architectures to work in scalable systems
- Participation in brand development creative sessions
- Leading all copywriting output, across both digital and physical
- Presenting and rationalizing creative writing output to internal and client teams
- Understand and respond to metrics and performance data to define or adjust the direction of writing output.
Things we’d like to see:
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as communications, marketing, advertising or business
- A portfolio of your work. Ideally it includes a mix of brand and product-related projects
What it means to join the Gin Lane team:
At Gin Lane, we simplify and humanize consumer experiences to create a frictionless world, through both agency and venture partnerships.
Our multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and strategists is driven by empathy for our partners, passion for quality in our craft, persistent curiosity, and the desire to improve the world in which we work.
We form carefully curated, deep partnerships with some of the brightest and most progressive partners in the space. Built upon a shared long-term vision, our close working relationships promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and a steadfast focus on the end customer.
We work with some of the leading tech and consumer brands and startups. Recent clients include: Harry’s, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Michael Kors, and GE.
We hope that you’ll join us on the journey. Interested?
Please apply below.
No recruiters please.