Gin Lane is looking for a Technology Director to join our growing team.
This role will serve as the cornerstone for delivery, team management, and product quality for technology here at Gin Lane: the role will be responsible for all technology-facing aspects of strategy, team, process, policy, quality and systems.
Within Gin Lane, the Technology Director will provide both a voice and vision for technology and communicate it to the team, acting as a catalyst for collaboratively integrating creative technology culture within our company.
The role is considered a senior member of the Gin Lane team; as such, they are expected to consistently demonstrate excellent team management skills and operational/business management capabilities in order to drive successful engagements and the efficient management of the Agency.
They must be able to take on the point of view of both our clients and our internal teams; the ability to work with multiple teams and communicate effectively and reliably to both technical and non-technical team members, 3rd party vendors and clients, is essential to the success of this role.
On a project basis, the Technology Director will serve as liaison between business, creative and technical aspects of projects, driving and developing technology and execution strategies for clients.
In addition to project work, the successful candidate will also be expected to shape and develop the Technology department including P&L, hiring, managing and mentoring team members, shaping their continual growth through education and goal setting, and playing an active role in business development.
- Collaborating and communicating with cross functional team and providing project oversight including requirement definition scoping and planning, creative problem solving and conflict resolution
- The ability to advise internal and client teams through the pros and cons of the recommended distributed system you or your team designed and explain rationale how it can help achieve business objectives.
- Leadership and support for technology projects throughout their lifecycle, ensuring technical deliverables are delivered on-time, on-budget and of quality standards
- Overseeing development of coding standards and guidelines as well as conducting code reviews
- Creating, maintaining and refining functional and technical specifications documentation standards
- Ensuring quality of output, technical strategy and resulting work product, ensuring proper process, technology and experience decisions are continually made and refined
- Developing, documenting, maintaining and strengthening Gin Lane’s technology compliance and governance structures
- Developing the Technology Department including hiring, managing and mentoring team members, shaping their continual growth through education and goal setting
- Pushing the boundaries of latest technology industry trends and latest software tools and advocate/direct which practices are fitting for the overall ask
- 7+ years of full stack web development
- 5+ years of experience as Technical Director or Team Leader
- Prior agency experience with proven technical and management skills, including the ability to understand and document client requirements, then design and build large, scalable software platforms from the ground up
- Experience architecting highly scalable and maintainable web applications, and recommend hosting configurations
- Experience with some advanced JS frameworks (Angular.js, Backbone.js, etc.)
- Experience with e-commerce and e-commerce platforms
- Experience with multi-tier caching, having worked with systems like varnish, memcache, redis, etc.
- Experience with enterprise architecture including cloud solutions and ESB, retail/marketing data strategy, digital transformation, omnichannel product deployment and rapid prototyping
- Experience with technology works within the marketing domain
- Deep experience working in an agile development environment within design and build, partnering with Scrum masters and product managers
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues, as well as technical, product and/or infrastructure deployment experience
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to creative ideation and prototyping of innovative storytelling.
- Working knowledge of creative languages and technologies (Processing, Open Framework, Arduino).
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a start-up atmosphere.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
What it means to join the Gin Lane team:
At Gin Lane, we simplify and humanize consumer experiences to create a frictionless world, through both agency and venture partnerships.
Our multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and strategists is driven by empathy for our partners, passion for quality in our craft, persistent curiosity, and the desire to improve the world in which we work.
We form carefully curated, deep partnerships with some of the brightest and most progressive partners in the space. Built upon a shared long-term vision, our close working relationships promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and a steadfast focus on the end customer.
We work with some of the leading tech and consumer brands and startups. Recent clients include: Harry’s, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Whole Foods, and GE.
We hope that you’ll join us on the journey. Interested?
No recruiters please.