At Gin Lane, we're creating, growing, and guiding the next generation of consumer-facing companies.
We believe that the best brands in the world stand for something that their customers want to believe in and deliver a consistent experience around feeling part of that belief. We work with partners who are solving problems that improve consumers’ daily lives.
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer in a freelance / contract role.
Our team is a group of people who:
- Are leaders
- Are thoughtful
- Are Active listeners
- Are contagiously passionate and curious
- Are low-ego collaborative
- Are empathetically candid
- Are problem solvers
- Are future-oriented optimists
- Are entrepreneurial and creative
- Are able to work with a wide range of personalities
- Can see the forest and the trees
- Have a point of view
- Motivate those around them
If this sounds like a group of people you’d like to spend time with, keep reading and let’s talk.
What you’ll do, and the knowledge you'll need:
- Generate both conceptual ideas and detailed design with minor supervision.
- Lead in the creation of user requirements, competitive research, usability testing, personas, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, and interaction models.
- Responsible for core experience design deliverables across the design process.
- Advocate for the design solution within an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, project managers, product strategists, and developers.
- Understanding of the design process inputs and their purpose such as client inputs, and analytics, in order to inform the overall design solution.
- Work with Product Managers and Tech to determine a product’s mandate, feature set, and define business requirements.
- Create and iterate client-facing deliverables on time with a specialized focus on the user interface, such as wireframes, functional prototypes, and visual designs across multiple platforms.
- Communicate the rationale and strategic thinking behind the solution verbally and visually to both the team and to clients
What we look for:
- Successful track record in creating great digital products.
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication.
- Strong communication and presentation skills demonstrated internally and with clients.
- Demonstrated breadth of expertise and proficiency/experience in modern technology and software tools, including Sketch, Principle, and InVision.