At Gin Lane, we're creating, growing, and guiding the next generation of consumer-facing companies.
We believe that the best brands in the world stand for something that their customers want to believe in and deliver a consistent experience around feeling part of that belief. We work with partners who are solving problems that improve consumers’ daily lives.
We’re looking for a freelance Senior Brand Designer to join our Brand Development team (with option to extend to a fixed term, full-time role). You will be responsible for leading the visual identity development for early-stage startups who are launching to market for the first time or looking to further codify their identities after launch. At Gin Lane, our Brand Designers are deeply committed to making sure the work we produce is strategic and thoughtful. They don’t just have the experience and skill to build a unique and powerful brand; they act as thought leaders alongside founders to lead them in creating well positioned, forward-thinking brands.
Our team is a group of people who:
- Are leaders
- Are thoughtful
- Are Active listeners
- Are contagiously passionate and curious
- Are low-ego collaborative
- Are empathetically candid
- Are problem solvers
- Are future-oriented optimists
- Are entrepreneurial and creative
- Are able to work with a wide range of personalities
- Can see the forest and the trees
- Have a strong point of view
- Motivate those around them
If this sounds like a group of people you’d like to spend time with, keep reading and let’s talk.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the visual identity development on client projects, including but not limited to - development of creative concept moodboards, logomark, color palette, typography, iconography, art direction, visual guidelines, and brand toolkit
- Own development and client-facing presentation of all work
- Collaborate with our Brand Strategists and Copywriters on creating a world for the brand that is strategically positioned and unique in the market
- Collaborate with our digital creative team in content development and site build to onboard them to our brand and ensure their work adheres to the foundational visual identity principles established
What we look for:
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience in building brands from the ground up, including logo development and art direction
- Strong communication and presentation skills demonstrated internally and with clients
- Demonstrated breadth of expertise and proficiency/experience in modern technology and software tools, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and Keynote
No recruiters please.