Ginger.io offers support, guidance, therapy, and medication support from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively. Based on the needs of the individual, we create a custom plan that addresses these needs and grows with them. Plans are supplemented with exercises, self-care, tips and education that help the individual cope, build resiliency and above all, thrive.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can be their best self. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Ginger.io is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone suffering from anxiety, stress, and depression.
We are a fast-paced environment, learning and evolving quickly, so we can provide the best support and care possible to our members. This requires you to be adaptable, flexible, and friendly to a growth mindset. Our culture is extremely supportive, passionate and committed. We’re willing to go above and beyond to reach our goals, to step in and help each other out across all teams, and to give and receive feedback graciously.
PLEASE NOTE- Preference is for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- At least 6 months (preferably more) of supervised experience as a coach, counselor or therapist (intern positions qualify)
- A MA degree in a psychology related field OR coaching certification (preference for both or MA)
- Is unlicensed (we are unable to hire licensed clinicians for this role)
We are currently considering applicants for the following shifts:
- Group A (40 hours a week, full-time)
- Monday - Friday 6:00am - 3:00pm PST
- Group B (40 hours a week, full-time)
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 2:00pm - 11:00pm PST
- Group C (32 hours a week, less than full-time but includes full benefits)
- Wednesday, Thursday 2:00pm - 11:00pm PST
- Saturday, Sunday 6:00am - 3:00pm PST
- Group O for Overnight (potentially 27-40 hrs, TBD)
- Exact days TBD, 10:00pm - 7:00am PST
As a Ginger.io Health Coach, you will help people learn how to live healthier lives. Each day, hundreds of people will download the Ginger.io app, looking for help in discovering the personal strengths, motivations and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors.
Over time, coaches assist our members in taking slow, steady steps that lead to meaningful change in their lives. They check-in regularly to offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate progress.
Coaches are an integral part of of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to other internal or external resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce treatment decisions, as appropriate.
Input from Ginger.io Coaches is also essential to informing our overall company strategy. By being on the front lines, you’ll be providing feedback on what works, what doesn’t, and play an instrumental role in turning the Ginger.io mission into reality.
Our coaches benefit from regular supervision and consultation with team members. This includes weekly team trainings focused on skills development and protocol procedures, process group to support coach resilience, and 1:1 mentorship to discuss cases and feedback. Biannual in-person trainings at our headquarters in San Francisco allows connection as a team and opportunity to continuously grow your coaching skills.
As a Ginger.io Coach You–
- Excel at empathetic listening, building strong rapport through text-based chat, and providing compassionate support in the process of personal growth
- Have excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Have the ability to create a sense of warmth, openness and calmness through text-based chat
- Have the ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team
- Are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Are adaptable and comfortable with novel situations and change
- Are a strong critical and creative thinker
- Are comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Are able to provide coaching support around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication and career
- Are a culturally competent provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- At least 6 months of supervised experience as a coach, counselor or therapist (intern positions qualify)
- MA degree in psychology related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change / readiness, etc.
- Fluency in Google Suite
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
- Additional Information
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation is negotiable
- Robust health coverage (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), including an EAP
- Annual wellness budget, covering both physical and mental health
- Professional Development budget, which can cover any kind of learning that helps you develop professionally, including personal life/health coaching
- Financial wellness seminars, resources and 401(k) - designed to help people manage their finances both short and long term
- Many more!