We’re seeking a research leader to spearhead our efforts to build world-class evidence supporting our virtual behavioral health system. The Head of Research & Evidence will develop a robust research strategy, identify key hypotheses to test, assemble novel sources of data, orchestrate a portfolio of clinical studies with internal and external partners, and ultimately publish this work. We are at an inflection point in the company, and continuing to build a significant evidence base will be critical for long-term success.
You will accelerate Ginger thought leadership, including managing a Clinical Advisory Board and disseminating the lessons we learn with the broader behavioral health community and mental health in the workplace. This role will be a critical part of the clinical team and report into the COO and head of our clinical organization, with cross functional support across product, marketing, and sales. We’re looking for a strategic thinker with experience developing real-world evidence in industry. The ideal candidate will bring experience in digital behavioral health, collaborative care models, and building ROI for various stakeholders, from employers to health plans to government payers.
Who we are
At Ginger our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Ginger is able to provide high-quality care to people suffering from anxiety, stress, and depression.
With Ginger, members receive a personalized care plan and the right level of care based on their needs— from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry.
We at Ginger believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions. To that end, we're striving to build a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
- Lead development of a short- and long-term evidence strategy. Leverage existing data and develop new research to address the needs of key internal and external clinical and commercial stakeholders. External partners may include health plans, employers, academic centers and other digital health corporate peers.
- This research should be designed to support the effectiveness and outcomes of the Ginger offering in a variety of populations as well as to support the value of collaborative care and virtual delivery models. This plan should include details of necessary resources and be structured as a milestone based plan by quarter.
- Develop and lead new clinical outcome studies to completion, including identifying investigators and study partners, writing of outcome protocols, and securing IRB approvals as needed.
- Conduct ongoing surveillance of secondary research of scientific literature to identify best practices that can inform product development, service delivery and sales. This may include digital health research, adaptation of evidence based psychological interventions to digital virtual modalities, and resources to support AI and cCBT content.
- Develop and manage relationships with academic institutions to foster research opportunities and collaboration.
- Manage clinical advisory board to support research and evidence needs
- Prepare and deliver presentations and papers for industry wide and academic purposes.
- Advanced degree in clinical/ health psychology, masters of public health or health outcomes research
- At least 5 years experience leading clinical research with demonstrated ability to effectively and strategically develop evidence for multiple stakeholders
- Experience with the delivery of collaborative care models of care, EAP, behavioral health services for employers and a strong understanding of innovative models of care
- Skilled in synthesizing data and communicating effectively to multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and scheduled deliverables within budget