At Ginger our mission is to create a world where everyone can be their best self. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Ginger is able to provide high-quality care to people suffering from anxiety, stress, and depression.
With Ginger, members receive a personalized care plan and the right level of care based on their needs— from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry.
We at Ginger believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions. To that end, we're striving to build a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
Ginger is a dynamic and fast growing startup with a forward-looking IT security and engineering systems landscape. Ginger operates its infrastructure in the top-class cloud IaaS and PaaS services and utilizes the best of the breed SaaS to power its business. There are many unique challenges and opportunities that are new to the industry and require creative thinking in order to balance the desire to continue to move fast and be nimble, and yet provide first-class privacy to the member's data and build unwavering trust with the members, customers and partners.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Security & Compliance Engineer will be a key member of the technical team responsible for worldwide compliance and enforcement at Ginger. This individual will work closely with the engineering, product, customer success and sales teams, as well as internal and external auditors to promote security and compliance best practices. They will be responsible for performing strategic analysis of available information, participating in field audits and enforcement, leveraging technical expertise and partnering with colleagues, as needed. The position will also act as a technical resource across the larger organization and external partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact closely with other cyber security architects, privacy officer, engineering, and product management teams to ensure adequate security capabilities and controls are in place within the technology stack to mitigate security risks and meet the highest security and compliance requirements
- Work closely with prospects and the proposal manager to provide detailed responses to security assessment questionnaires
- Continuously research, design, advocate and recommend new security technologies, architectures, and products that will ensure meeting all the compliance requirements
- Function as the go-to individual with in-depth understanding of all security and compliance related nuances within the Ginger stack. Develop the ability to effectively navigate a highly complex environment to independently retrieve technical evidence for gaining assurance over effectiveness of controls
- Serve as the subject matter expert who will actively guide the broader risk and compliance team on all security-related technical components within the environment
- Conduct ad-hoc security architecture/application reviews to assess new risks, keep abreast of latest cyber security technical risks, and foster a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Pre-audit analysis, strategic product analysis, diligence for components/technologies under review. Support for product testing in the course of audit and provide the post-audit analysis and assessment
- BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, MIS or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in architecting security solutions and in-depth knowledge of security protocols/tools, and automation in the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with one or more industry security compliance frameworks and/or regulations such as ISO 27001/2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, FedRAMP, HITRUST, SSAE16, SOC 1, SOC 2, International Privacy Requirements including EU Privacy and Safe Harbor
- Demonstrated understanding of agile secure software development lifecycle and ability to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle
- Experience building applications using cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Heroku
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to problem-solving
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects with a geographically distributed team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CISSP, CISM certifications.
- Certified Ethical Hacker and/or OSCP certification