Who we are
At Ginger our mission is to create a world where where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Ginger is able to provide high-quality care to people suffering from anxiety, stress, and depression.
With Ginger, members receive a personalized care plan and the right level of care based on their needs— from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry.
We at Ginger believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions. To that end, we're striving to build a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
Come be a leader to help build and innovate our Member Support Team. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about creating an unparalleled level of service for Ginger members. Our Member Support Specialists facilitate an excellent experience through customer service and administrative interactions with our members on a daily basis. As a direct line to our members, they are also an essential voice inside our company and use data to advocate for improvements to our product.
You must be an excellent communicator, compassionate and able to stay calm and troubleshoot in the face of a storm. A passion for detail and organization is also key, as you’ll be managing many different communications internally and across our community.
Temporary to Permanent, 40 hours, San Francisco.
Three days a week on weekdays 11:00am-8:00pm PST (flexible on days) and Sat-Sun 10:00am-7:00pm PST. (These include 1 hour breaks for lunch).
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, thoughtful, professional and efficient service to Ginger members via chat, email and phone
- Manage clinical intake process for new patients
- Manage payments, billing and claims information for members
- Develop proactive support solutions including process improvements, support content and scripts
- Identify, escalate and monitor technical issues affecting members
- Independently research information and troubleshoot problems
- Assist with managing customer experience policies, training and documentation
- Identify opportunities to represent the voice of the member internally
- Regularly summarize and present key findings to internal teams (Product, Clinical, etc.) to improve user experience
Experience & Skills:
- Skilled and eloquent writing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excels at multitasking while maintaining a strong eye for detail and organization
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment subject to ambiguity
- Perceptive about human behavior and motivation and able to ask the “right” questions
- A true customer advocate who knows what it means to go above and beyond for the customer
- Ability to communicate well with multiple stakeholders internally to advocate for customer needs and requirements
- Organized and process driven as you will help set up the infrastructure to scale our member support services
- Self-starter with a passion for complex problem solving
- Familiarity or experience with mental health or health care
Bonus Experience & Skills:
- 1+ years experience in customer support or other client facing role a plus, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Experience delivering customer service via chat
- Familiarity with ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk, Helpscout, Desk, etc.).