Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
We’re looking for a Chicago-based sales executive to help cover the Midwest market. The ideal candidate is a driven and consultative sales professional who will hit the ground running with the primary focus of new business development, utilizing existing and developing relationships. The candidate should have a proven track record of success in leading and developing the sale of large scale, highly custom programs, across different mediums and categories. High level contacts at client, agency and activation groups are a must, as well as an enormous amount of creativity, excitement, and eagerness to learn and grow in the fast-growing podcast industry.
Our Midwest sales team is a small but mighty group (of one!), and this an excellent opportunity for someone motivated and eager to grow as a creative seller in one of our fastest-growing territories.
What You’ll Do
- Unlock new partnerships across a range of companies from established auto and consumer brands, to startups
- Build up the Midwest market and drive adoption of our ad solutions to hit quarterly revenue targets
- Partner and brainstorm with Gimlet Creative (our branded content arm) and the Gimlet marketing team to solve our partners’ business problems
What You Have
- 3+ years sales experience with a documented success record
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive and multitask in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining a collaborative, team-oriented approach to your work
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position based in Chicago.