Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
The Pitch is a reality show that brings listeners into the room as real entrepreneurs pitch to real investors — for real money. While it offers a glimpse into the high stakes world of venture capital, it’s really a show about human relationships: how people sell their companies, what makes investors tick, and how these initial conversations can bloom into business deals—or die on the vine. To achieve this, the pitches are edited down and narrated for clarity, but it’s important to us to always stay true to what really happened in these conversations.
This is a role for an experienced producer with a passion for VC culture and an appreciation for narrative storytelling. We’re a small team, so we need someone who can work independently to edit long, sometimes wonky pitches into digestible 30-minute experiences for listeners. This involves cutting multiple tracks of tape; writing tight, clear narration; and looking for fresh, creative ways to tell each story. We are on an ambitious schedule with plans to release 36 episodes a year and host 3-4 multi-day recording events with founders and investors. Our producer will need to be able to balance these logistics with the daily responsibility of producing a show. The Pitch is still early in its life with Gimlet, so there is a real opportunity for someone to take ownership over the growth and direction of the show.
What You’ll Do
- Build episodes - cut down pitch, write narration, prep for and produce follow-up calls, score moments, and everything else the production requires.
- Research and locate promising startups to feature on future episodes.
- Handle logistics, including balancing multiple episodes in production and coordinating future recording events for upcoming seasons.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, depending on the task.
- Develop the show’s ambition and approach.
What You Have
- 3+ years producing audio or video in a high-caliber, high-output organization
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Pro Tools experience
- A passion for business and VC culture
- A journalism background is preferred but not required
This is a full-time role based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.