Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
You will be a key player in helping Gimlet identify and recruit new voices and new shows to grow the Gimlet network. Your job will be to identify exciting collaboration and partnership opportunities.
We are looking for someone who’s passionate about breaking the mold, stays on top of new developments and promising new talent across all media, and will be an enthusiastic ambassador to the media world for Gimlet. We want a person with wide-ranging tastes-- someone who appreciates a fun and dynamic conversation show as much as a highly-produced narrative one.
You should be someone who’s heard every new album, seen every new movie, read every new book, and then annoyed your friends and family to do the same. You’ve got a good sense for what makes a show really stand out, and a creative appetite to dream up how to make that show even better.
What You’ll Do
- Make recommendations for new voices or shows with whom Gimlet should be working
- Represent Gimlet in regular recruitment meetings with potential partners and collaborators
- Attend live shows and festivals on the hunt for promising new creators
- Take initial meetings with possible collaborators to start coming up with possible show concepts
- Help the Director of Partnerships and Acquisitions to create a set of criteria by which we measure possible acquisition targets
- Do regular surveys of existing programming outside of the network
- Manage the inbox of incoming acquisition proposals, sorting through pitches and identifying the most promising ones
- Maintain a database of possible collaborators, pitches, and show ideas
What You Have
- 4-5 years of experience in an editorial field, including some amount of audio experience
- A huge media diet full of programming that represents diverse voices, formats, and viewpoints.
- An ability to find hidden gems where no one else is looking
- Enthusiasm for pushing for certain ideas, and finding the holes in others
- Experience representing a company to external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational ability
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. This posting will close on Wednesday, March 21, at 5:00pm ET.
What you should submit:
- A resume
- A cover letter
- Three examples of work you’ve done in the past
- A paragraph on the last two shows you discovered and got friends to listen to, and what you and your friends loved about those shows