WHAT WE DO AT GIGSTER AND WHY
Gigster accelerates the delivery of digital transformation applications, giving companies the agility to thrive in a software-defined world. Simply put: we build applications that matter, at startup speed. We're a series B, Andreessen Horowitz backed company on track to hit $50MM in revenue by the end of 2019. Other investors include Redpoint Ventures and Greylock Partners.
Whether from our office in downtown San Francisco, which features stunning views of the Bay, or from remote home offices, our team works together to disrupt systems integrators like Accenture by offering customers fixed-price projects. We employ a unique talent model, powered by a technology platform and a proven development methodology that enables virtual teams to deliver high-impact software applications quickly and consistently.
Gigster’s unique business model creates many opportunities for personal and career growth. We partner with several world renowned companies like Google and Dentsu and drive digital transformation for global businesses and brand leaders like Canon, Clorox, GlaxoSmithKline, Harley Davidson, Prudential, and Staples, AND we empower the workforce of the future - top global talent in our Gigster Talent Network. We enable these talented individuals to work on projects that matter and that matter to them (at competitive rates and with ultimate flexibility and independence) and to belong and thrive in the Gig Economy regardless of where they call home.
We are intentional about a diverse and inclusive culture. We care about being “whole humans” and about bringing all of ourselves to work - humans first, professionals second.
Like most fast-growing start-ups in the tech industry, we have a constantly changing environment. We value passionate and resourceful team members with a growth mindset who enjoy working collaboratively to solve hard problems.
About the Role
As an Operations Manager focused on ensuring that Gigster’s freelancer base maintain a high quality bar, you will directly be shaping performance standards on the Gigster Talent Network, which is comprised of freelancer product managers, software engineers and designers from 40+ countries.
To do this, you will need to think strategically about how to assess and measure software talent performance across a host of technical roles, while understanding what it takes to motivate people and teams towards better performance. This is a unique position because you will not only own the entire Talent Network’s quality bar, but also, work cross-functionally with the Product Operations Team to set standards for the deliverables that freelancers are accountable for on projects. Ideally, you are an jack/jill-of-all trades, who can navigate complexity, maintain empathy, and roll up your sleeves to drive impact in a process-oriented and data-driven fashion.
We’re looking for exceptionally motivated individuals who want to empower Gigster’s freelancer Talent Network, and are excited to be part of the future of work movement.
- Shape quality standards for all freelance software roles to ensure there are objective success criteria for roles in the Gigster Talent Network, working hand-in-hand with the Product Operations Team to create these success criteria
- Create and implement skill assessment strategies, operational playbooks, and feedback mechanisms to ensure the quality of the Gister Talent Network is continually measured reed and validated on and off projects
- Develop a program that uses a variety of qualitative and quantitative data to tier and determine standing for Gigster Talent Network individuals
- Collaborate with the Product Operations Team and Staffing Team to implement new strategies for capturing quality data on project deliverables
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics around the Gigster Talent Network’s deliverable quality and feedback
- Be the voice of the Talent Network, and set up feedback loops into processes to create policies and standards that are fair and reflective of the Talent Network experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with 5+ years of work experience in project management or operational roles
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and/or teams is a nice-to-have. Most important is a willingness to learn how software is built!
- Experience working in analytical settings and environments where one has used data to drive decisions
- Strong project management, execution, and clear communication skills a must
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and work through complex and ambiguous scenarios and multiple stakeholders in HQ and on the Talent Network
- Drive towards achieving significant impact and improve core metrics in a data-driven and process-oriented manner
- High emotional intelligence, and passion for people
You should not have to spend any time worrying about whether you are paid more than fairly for what you contribute to our team (and to the world!). We offer competitive cash and equity compensation. We frequently review whether our compensation is competitive to market and to ensure internal parity and we make thoughtful and discretionary adjustments accordingly and during frequently scheduled reviews and cycles.
CURRENT BENEFITS & PERKS
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness and fitness stipend(s)
- Flexible time off - work hard, but take time away when you need it for moments that matter in your life that require you to disconnect from work
- 401K Plan - invest in your future
- Commuter Contributions - we all rely on different ways to commute…
- Shared experiences and meaningful offsites vs. meaningless perks
- At HQ:
- Healthy drinks and snacks for whenever you need sustenance
- Catered meals daily
- Life-changing work you’ll want to brag about - solving real, challenging problems in partnership with exceptional and unique colleagues
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to work with and welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and who are qualified for the role that they apply for regardless of: race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.