What We Do At Gigster and Why
Gigster accelerates the delivery of digital transformation applications, giving companies the agility to thrive in a software-defined world. Simply put: we build applications that matter, at startup speed. We're a series B, Andreessen Horowitz backed company on track to hit $50MM in revenue by the end of 2019. Other investors include Redpoint Ventures and Greylock Partners.
Whether from our office in downtown San Francisco, which features stunning views of the Bay, or from remote home offices, our team works together to disrupt systems integrators like Accenture by offering customers fixed-price projects. We employ a unique talent model, powered by a technology platform and a proven development methodology that enables virtual teams to deliver high-impact software applications quickly and consistently.
Gigster’s unique business model creates many opportunities for personal and career growth. We partner with several world renowned companies like Google and Dentsu and drive digital transformation for global businesses and brand leaders like Canon, Clorox, GlaxoSmithKline, Harley Davidson, Prudential, and Staples, AND we empower the workforce of the future - top global talent in our Gigster Talent Network. We enable these talented individuals to work on projects that matter and that matter to them (at competitive rates and with ultimate flexibility and independence) and to belong and thrive in the Gig Economy regardless of where they call home.
We are intentional about a diverse and inclusive culture. We care about being “whole humans” and about bringing all of ourselves to work - humans first, professionals second.
Like most fast-growing start-ups in the tech industry, we have a constantly changing environment. We value passionate and resourceful team members with a growth mindset who enjoy working collaboratively to solve hard problems.
About the Role
As an Engagement Manager, you will work to drive up the lifetime value of Gigster's enterprise customers. To do this, Gigster Engagement Managers think analytically about how to allocate resources towards delivering great service, dive into specific projects to help reach resolutions, and design new processes and tools to keep projects on the rails and customers delighted.
Delighting customers with amazing service and a great experience is at the root of everything else we do at Gigster. As with all other roles, we marry automation and smart tools with a high touch human component to deliver great service. You should be a great people person and have an excellent technical or scientific background.
The ideal candidate will have strong enterprise account or product management experience, and will be excited by the opportunity to pioneer systems, best practices, and processes for our enterprise clients. You will be assessed on your ability to directly work with enterprise clients and internal stakeholders to solve problems and grow accounts. You will also be responsible for developing the playbook for enterprise customer success at Gigster.
This role is central to the strategic goals of the company and you'll have a big stage on which to shine. That's why we're looking for a genuine A-player who will be the cornerstone of this initiative as we move forward.
- You will be responsible for project kick-off and planning.
- You will work with the fulfillment, product, and engineering teams to implement solutions that improve the overall Gigster experience over time.
- You will work with network freelancers to speedily resolve any issues on client projects.
- You will drive project delivery according to plan to meet customer needs.
- You will ensure deliverables are completed on schedule and outcomes are achieved as promised.
- You will handle scope changes, risks, blockers, and document change requests.
- You will partner with customer resources and facilitate engagement communications as needed.
- You will resolve project delivery issues and critical customer needs precisely.
- Drive the creation of tools to leverage your time and transform hacky, manual solutions into high-performing, automated systems that scale.
- Pioneer the enterprise customer success playbook, processes and best practices and transfer that knowledge efficiently to new team members.
- You have 5+ years of relevant engagement/project management experience (preferably in a Professional Services Environment)
- You have excellent consultative and communication skills.
- You have strong delivery experience (ideally in a Professional Services Environment)
- You have a track record of customer happiness, success, and satisfaction
- You have experience with change management and adoption methodologies
- You are confident and can communicate with a technical audience and business-focused sponsors
- You have the right executive presence to discuss Gigster's value proposition as well as how the customer success services team addresses their needs
- You are preferably Project Management certified
- You are a driven, dedicated teammate with creative ideas to inspire customer adoption
- You have proven experience in building strong internal and external relationships
- You have tact and are poised in high-pressure situations when working through customer issues
- You have the Ability to transform manual solutions into scalable systems
- You have a bachelor's degree
You should not have to spend any time worrying about whether you are paid more than fairly for what you contribute to our team (and to the world!). We offer competitive cash and equity compensation. We frequently review whether our compensation is competitive to market and to ensure internal parity and we make thoughtful and discretionary adjustments accordingly and during frequently scheduled reviews and cycles.
CURRENT BENEFITS & PERKS
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness and fitness stipend(s)
- Flexible time off - work hard, but take time away when you need it for moments that matter in your life that require you to disconnect from work
- 401K Plan - invest in your future
- Commuter Contributions - we all rely on different ways to commute…
- Shared experiences and meaningful offsites vs. meaningless perks
- At HQ:
- Healthy drinks and snacks for whenever you need sustenance
- Catered meals daily
- Life-changing work you’ll want to brag about - solving real, challenging problems in partnership with exceptional and unique colleagues
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to work with and welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and who are qualified for the role that they apply for regardless of: race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.