About the Internship
We are looking for an Account Management Intern to join our team for 10 weeks this summer (June 4th to August 9th). This intern will directly report to the Account Manager and work closely with them in their day-to-day work to help support and manage all client needs, and internal team processes. They’ll learn how to properly manage timelines by working closely with internal teams to ensure deadlines are hit and creative work gets delivered to Clients in a consistent and timely fashion, while building and maintaining relationships with client partners. They will also learn how to evaluate internal work based on Client goals and briefs. The ideal candidate is a go-getter who is hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow. They’re not afraid to ask questions and think critically about solutions to every situation. They‘re curious, highly organized, current on culture and the latest social media trends, and motivated by an always changing and fast-paced environment.
As a Giant Spoon intern, you will be welcome to join any town halls, weekly updates, lunches and happy hours during the summer. As part of the program, we will also be offering a series of workshops and Q&As with craft leads to gain insights into the day to day of neighboring departments.
This team is based in the New York office and works in a hybrid fashion with in-office work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We are looking for candidates who can join us in NYC!
- Shadow Account team in creating estimates, SOWs, schedules, project statuses. and deliverables
- Learn about our clients’ businesses, clients goals, deliverables and strategies
- Help coordinate day to day workflow, timelines and milestones.
- Work with team to help drive scheduled deliverables, relay revision requests, record progress and help tackle obstacles as they arise
- Help create and maintain account/project status reports
- Coordinate, facilitate and recap internal meetings (feedback, decisions and deliverables) to disseminate to the team
- Coordinate internal asset management
- Create a Spoonshot project (a mini-presentation on a relevant topic) in collaboration with other interns that will be presented internally at Giant Spoon
- Pursuing a career in marketing, advertising, media, or related field
- Strong interest in learning about agency process and client interaction
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Passionate about the details
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Experience working with Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets) a plus
The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $17.00-19.00. The rate is determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, job duties, and geographic location.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.