We are looking for a Media Planner who demonstrates strategic and creative planning skills through data and cultural driven insights for our clients.
At Giant Spoon, we encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a commoditized media landscape. We believe in expanding how people experience brands and that boring is bad for business, and as part of that, true partnerships and not just transactions - are both effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, meaning you will gain experience with planning and buying across all channels - not just be relegated to one portion of the process, limiting potential for growth and holistic experience. Planners that enjoy working on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creativity should apply.
- Compile Audience Research with help of syndicated tools (marketplace insights, media consumption habits etc)
- Own billing and reconciliation of budget and invoices
- Oversee ongoing campaign monitoring, recommend daily/weekly/monthly optimizations and oversee day-to-day campaign operations
- Pull together channel & partner capabilities
- Coordinate outreach and review and evaluate partner proposals
- Coordinate RFP development
- Coordinate tactical planning, negotiating and execution tied to media brief
- Collaborate with Analytics Team to identify and report insights
- Develop strategic POV on research and creative
- Contribute to creative media brainstorms
- Manages the day-to-day of an Assistant Media Planner, including training and mentoring
- Stay up to date on media trends and evolving capabilities
- 18 months minimum of experience in an integrated media planning & buying (digital & traditional) role client-side or agency.
- Can take a brief and develop a comprehensive, omni channel media plan
- Experience with media planning and buying tools (Prisma/Media Ocean)
- Budget, billing, reconciliation experience a must
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience with digital trafficking, campaign set up & QA
- Inherent desire to learn more of the trends shaping consumer behavior
- Strong organization and project management skills, effectively hitting deadlines and finding ways to streamline process
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $70,000-$80,000. Salary is determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, job duties, and geographic location. For this role, we also offer programs such as medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and various other benefits and perks.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.