About the Job
We are seeking an Associate Media Director, Planning & Partnerships who can help command a team of media strategists into a future-proofed media landscape. Someone who can demonstrate and lead strategic and creative planning skills through data and cultural driven insights for our clients. We are looking for a client-facing, articulate leader who possesses the fundamentals of integrated media, with expertise in both traditional and non-traditional media across channels like Digital, TV, OTT, streaming and knowledge of performance platforms - with the ability to apply that knowledge to an advanced strategic viewpoint. Someone who can also identify custom content opportunities, and lead the charge to be first to market in our execution.
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. Candidates are exposed to the best of both worlds, a double-major of sorts: they dream up phenomenally creative ideas, but also gain foundational experience in how the world of media operates. They should be prepared to get their hands dirty in all stages of the process, acting as a utility player to provide support to the broader team.
The ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with. Someone that will network with partners far and wide, from corporations to startups. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
- Oversee management of media programs including but not limited to content partnerships, video (TV, digital, video, OTT) strategy and distribution, emerging media, social and more
- Accountable client-facing lead on day-to-day media projects and presentation delivery — commanding presence and confidence a must.
- Campaign lead, helping to oversee team of media planners and partnering with interdisciplinary teams across strategy, creative and analytics as needed
- Develop and implement brand-specific processes that create efficient day-to-day team operation
- Effectively delegating tasks amongst team members in partnership with Group Director, with ease of management both up and down
- Oversee buttoned-up handling of client’s business documents, workflow and management style
- Lead on brand financials and budget management
- Lead contact for brand partners with regular pulse on and familiarity with key stakeholder capabilities, new developments and opportunities
- Cultivate and foster strong relationships with networks, platforms and other video partners
- Own agency perspective on where/how media strategy fits into larger comms planning approaches
- 6+ years in integrated media planning with knowledge of omni-channel media planning and buying, strong expertise in TV/video strategy and buying as well as custom content and partnerships
- Experience in presenting and owning conversations with senior clients both directly and as part of an inter-agency environment
- Expert in media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Google Analytics, Omniture, Sizmek, eMarketer for application/analysis
- Track record of applying cultural trends and new media opportunities to client business
- Emphasize creative approaches that breakthrough industry norms and eye award-winning opportunities
- Resourceful, proactive and buttoned-up management skills; comfortable with delegation
- Experience identifying new media opportunities and turning it into first-mover opportunities
- Experience in performance & social media planning, buying (direct and third party) and reporting across multiple platforms
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Ready to take on never-done-before challenges as an opportunity to help grow the team, agency, and our client work
- Ongoing pulse on industry trends and cultural application to media, curious about what’s next
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Must love never-done-before challenges, shifting deadlines and setting high bars of achievement
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $100,000 - $135,000. Salary is determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, job duties, and geographic location. For this role, we also offer programs such as medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and various other benefits and perks.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.