We're looking for a passionate, organized, and solution-oriented storyteller to join our Communications and Marketing team. As the only creative agency on Fast Company’s Top 50 Most Innovative Companies 2023, Giant Spoon is an independent, integrated agency that expands the ways people experience brands.
Working alongside the VP of Communications and Marketing, you’ll be tasked with amplifying the Giant Spoon brand, including developing near- and long-term communications strategies to elevate the company’s profile, through its people and its work. In the Communications Manager role, you’ll have the opportunity to ‘stir shit up,’ co-developing and executing innovative communications and marketing programs across our LA and NYC offices and a wide variety of brands.
- Work alongside VP of Communications and Marketing to amplify the Giant Spoon brand, including developing near- and long-term communications strategies to elevate the agency profile, through its people and its work.
- Plan, implement, and manage specific communications activities, including media pitch writing, social media management (LI, TW and IG), monthly newsletter publishing, written submissions for identified award shows, etc. to raise brand awareness for Giant Spoon.
- Develop, write, produce, and present/distribute Giant Spoon social content, in partnership with the design team for creative support.
- Contribute to internal and external communications, including master messaging documents, media talking points and various communications frameworks with VP of Communications and Marketing.
- Monitor and co-manage media relationships and media list with VP of Communications and Marketing, developing own relationships with relevant press in creative, media, entertainment, and local outlets.
- Liaise with Business Development, Talent team, and various account teams, ensuring visibility and coordination with overall Giant Spoon communications planning (including media relations, award submissions, event proposals, etc.)
- Maintain Giant Spoon communications calendar, by monitoring award wins, judging opportunities, speaking engagements, employee engagement programming, and campaign production/launch dates to ensure timely, successful execution of communications activities
- Staffs and supports all interviews with Giant Spoon spokespeople with VP of Communication and Marketing.
- Monitors, shares and archives media mentions and features on biweekly and quarterly basis
- Compiles metrics on a regular basis, tracking reach and impressions, tone and sentiment, messaging pull-through and other parameters as needed.
- Help develop internal communications materials for a variety of stakeholders, as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in communications and/or public relations, either in-house or at an agency.
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, and communication skills.
- Creative problem solver, with a bias for action-oriented solutions and attention to detail.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style with strong organizational skills.
- Passion for the creative industry and the communications discipline, practices, and techniques, including strong working knowledge of communications platforms, channels, and creative content generation.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities and a fluctuating workload with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency with publishing social content and managing social media profiles, specifically Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Experience using Sprout, Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, and other communications monitoring tools and platforms (Cision, Muck Rack, etc.) preferred.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000. Salary is determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, job duties, and geographic location. For this role, we also offer programs such as medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and various other benefits and perks.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.