About the Job
We are looking for Experiential Producers (Freelance) in our New York and LA offices to lead and manage mid to large-scale projects, teams and clients. We are looking for individuals that have a knack for seeing the big picture, yet the ability to execute down to the smallest of details. This person must be organized, solution-oriented, and able to stay calm under pressure. Traits and expertise such as strong leadership, project management, communication skills, and attention to detail are critical to the success of this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and execute experiential activations and events across the country, at budgets ranging from $750K-1.5MM, and at other times work with Senior Producers/EPs on larger teams to execute large-scale, complex projects $2MM+.
- Build and manage budgets, ensuring projects come in on budget and on spec. Vet ideas throughout the process to ensure they are feasible and within budget. Creative problem solve to find ways to value engineer ideas.
- Collaborate closely in a team environment throughout the process. Work with account team to manage client expectations, helping to educate and present production elements as needed.
- Lead with clear and consistent communication internally as well as with vendors and clients
- Play a role in the conceptual, creative and strategic development of projects
- Source and manage vendors ranging from custom fabrication shops, audio/visual vendors, technical solutions, venues, staffing agencies, etc.
- Manage all permitting and production logistics
- 5+ years of experience in events/experiential marketing event production is a MUST
- Agency experience is a MUST.
- Decisive, assertive, strategic and politically aware in decision making
- Excellent project management, organizational, delegation and prioritization skills
- Efficient and always striving to streamline the process and best utilize every member of the team
- Wealth of knowledge in budgeting and in finding custom solutions to creative, complex experiential event experiences
- Adept at ensuring a project stays on strategy and hits the client’s KPIs
- Significant experience working with technical vendors, fabricators, specialists and artists throughout the country
- Adept at pro-actively anticipating problems and creating solutions
- Ability to interface with all levels of management, clients, and colleagues with ease and confidence
- Highly organized and always one step ahead
- Passionate, positive, and solution-oriented
- Willingness to work extended hours and travel for events
The anticipated rate range for this position is $2,750 - 3,750 per week. The final rate will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, and skills.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.