About the Job
The Writer is responsible for touching every piece of the creative process and helping develop culture-cracking work as part of the dedicated experiential team at Giant Spoon. From conception to production, you’ll be a steward of storytelling for our brand partners, bringing ideas to life through myriad formats and styles. The ideal candidate understands the fundamentals of the written word, and strives to make clever, original things, all while collaborating with teammates across functions and departments, working most closely with an Art Director partner. We’re looking for someone who is dedicated to making innovative work that stirs shit up, across the advertising industry and culture at large. While the primary focus of this work is in our award-winning experiential practice, the ideal candidate should have experience across digital, social and campaign work and bring holistic, campaign thinking to IRL executions.
- Collaborate with Art Director partner to ideate and create work that delivers on client goals, both strategically and creatively.
- Work hand in hand with Art Director to create presentations for approval by Associate Creative Directors and leadership. This includes the ideas as well as the messaging and written copy throughout the deck.
- Ideate within the realities and parameters of what can be executed within the given timeline and budget and work with Experiential Production to present work that is cutting-edge but feasible.
- Write advertising copy, inclusive of scripts, headlines, OOH, environmental signage etc. in a variety of styles and have the ability to flex their voice to fit any and all clients.
- Once a concept is approved by our client, work alongside the Associate Creative Director team to actually make the work — overseeing and collaborating with the Design and Production Department to keep the integrity of the creative.
- Present the work to creative leads and internal teams whenever needed.Be client-facing and be able to present work to clients, clearly verbalizing the essence of the ideas.
- Organize workload so that no assignments are lost in the shuffle and all assignments are completed, delivered and approved on time.
- 2+ years of experience as a conceptual writer in a creative advertising agency, preferably with an experiential practice
- Strong understanding of concepting, campaign architecture, and short form writing
- First successes in “big idea” generation for client brands
- Familiarity with and passion for conceptual thinking, campaign development, and cross-channel creative execution
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Experience working with Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets) a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
The anticipated salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000. Salary is determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, job duties, and geographic location. For this role, we also offer programs such as medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and various other benefits and perks.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.