About Giant Oak
The Giant Oak team is comprised of a small group of individuals who are innovative, intellectually curious, and passionate about using our knowledge to make the world a better, safer place. The members of our organization have expertise in machine learning, behavioral science, national security, and illicit markets, and we have a shared passion for advancing the frontier of conventional knowledge in our chosen fields. We are looking for candidates who are independently driven and comfortable functioning outside of the norm, willing to build onto their foundation of rigorous quantitative and analytical skills by using creative techniques and insights to formulate the next generation of tools for public safety and security while promoting privacy and inclusion.
We make the world a safer place by applying behavioral and computer science in big data environments to identify illicit behaviors, actors, and networks. We build software to help our customers effectively and efficiently reduce crime, fraud, coercion, and violence.
About the Role
Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager, this position provides reception and administrative support for the Giant Oak office and other departments as needed. In addition to the administrative functions, the incumbent will assist with general office management functions and work on special projects as assigned. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures. Must be willing to occasionally use personal vehicle for local travel within DC Metro area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following prioritized and categorized duties.Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides reception and administrative support to the CEO, local office staff, visitors, and
- performs a wide array of office functions.
- Provide assistance and support to Giant Oak travelers while on business travel.
- Assist with internal events, weekly lunch orders, office celebrations, and events as needed.
- Support Finance department as needed (ie. timekeeping, organize invoices).
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as accepting packages/mail,
- ordering/cancelling parking cards, office/desk keys, office/kitchen supplies etc.) Submits work orders to building management when necessary and communicates with building management and vendors as appropriate.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates company filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed. Filing and scanning of company documents (i.e. legal documents, contracts such as NDA’s, paid invoices).
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, training/conferences and department activities for all members of the company including handling arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings as requested.
- As requested, types and designs general correspondence, presentations, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business documents, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Assists in the negotiation of the purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Responsible for monthly kitchen cleaning/dishwasher duties.
- Must be willing to occasionally use personal vehicle for local travel within DC Metro area.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- At least one full year of administrative experience working in a fast-paced office environment using standard office equipment, knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- At least one full year of experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Work requires knowledge of business practices and an excellent command of the English language.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Professional appearance and manner.